Ballwin MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- When you hire an attorney to represent you in criminal defense, you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg. And to be perfectly honest, most of what an attorney does in this kind of situation is request a recommendation from the prosecutor to get the charges reduced to something minor. This is why we only charge $450 for most misdemeanors in the St Louis area.
- The most straightforward thing that an attorney can do is to work out a deal with the local prosecutor. This usually results in a reduction of the existing charge to a lesser offense (this process is called “plea bargaining”). If this goal is accomplished, then nothing negative will appear on your permanent record.
- This will result in the charge going onto your permanent record (as a criminal conviction)
- Once it is on your record, it will stay there. And it will also be available for the public to view (assuming someone runs a criminal background check on you).
- Who might run such a check? Potential employers, landlords, or lending institutions (like for a business loan or student aid)
- A felony is much more severe of an act; misdemeanors are considered to be lower level crimes (such as trespassing)
- A felony will come with a much higher sentence (in terms of potential jail time and the amount you’d have to pay in a fine); misdemeanors come with much less potential jail time and fines
- Only the state or federal government can issue a felony; individual municipalities (such as Maryland Heights or Brentwood) can only issue misdemeanors
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!