Bankruptcy Lawyer in Arnold MO
HERE’S A SMALL LIST OF THE THINGS THAT AN ARNOLD MO BANKRUPTCY CAN DO FOR YOU:
1. An Arnold MO bankruptcy will put an immediate end to all forms of creditor activity (whether it is phone calls, letters, or harassing threats about money you don’t have)
2. It will give you an immediate chance to rebuild your credit rating (in a much shorter period of time than most people believe – for instance, you can expect to see your credit score rise by about 100 points within the first year after filing for bankruptcy)
3. The filing of a bankruptcy will stop wage garnishments, bank levies, and lawsuits filed against you by a creditor
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR AN ARNOLD MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT KIND OF CREDITORS CAN YOU GET RID OF IN A BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards
2. Medical bills
3. Payday loans
4. Utility bills, gym membership, book clubs, cell phone bills, alarm systems, etc.
5. Really anything that is of an unsecured nature (i.e. a debt that is not attached to any collateral)
IN WHAT WAYS DO A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13 DIFFER?
1. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like those listed above); a Ch13 is repayment plan in which you have a chance to get caught up on things like past due mortgage payments (so your house does not go into foreclosure), past due car payments (so your automobile does not get repossessed), and past due tax debts (so that you can continue to drive your car without getting pulled over for expired plates)
2. A Ch7 is a fairly straightforward affair (from start to finish, it will last about five months); a Ch13 is spread out between three and five years
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!