Bankruptcy Lawyer in Berkeley MO
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FILING A BERKELEY MO BANKRUPTCY?
1. It will provide you with a “fresh start / clean slate”. A chance to move forward with life, and get back on your financial feet!!
2. It will put an immediate end to things like wage garnishments, bank levies, and lawsuits filed by creditors
3. In addition, the filing of a Berkeley MO bankruptcy will stop any and all creditor activity (whether it is phone calls, letters, threats of legal action, or demands for money you don’t have)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A BERKELEY MO CHAPTER 13
CAN YOU LIST THE DEBTS THAT ARE TAKEN CARE OF IN A BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Personal loans, payday loans, signature loans
3. Old utility bills, old cell phone bills, old overdrawn bank accounts
4. Deficiencies from things like foreclosures and repossessions
5. And although we can’t get student loans knocked out, we can at least put a temporary halt to their collection activity
WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. The biggest difference between the two chapters of bankruptcy in St Louis would be that a Ch7 is a straight discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills), and a Ch13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back (like recent tax debt, back child support, car notes, and past due mortgage payments)
2. In a Ch7 you can keep your car (so long as there is not any significant equity in the vehicle); in a Ch13 the balance of the car loan would be paid back inside your repayment plan (but usually at a much lower interest rate what you are currently under)
3. The typical length of a Chapter 7 is five months (from start to finish); a Chapter 13 will run between three to five years (so that the payments can be spread out over a period of time)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!