Bankruptcy Lawyer in Breckenridge Hills MO
WHAT ARE SOME BENEFITS OF FILING A BRECKENRIDGE HILLS MO BANKRUPTCY?
1. Once your case is filed, you will never again have to worry about creditors trying to contact you (with endless phone calls, threatening letters, or lawsuits filed against you)
2. It will also put a stop to all the nasty legal maneuvers that creditor pulls as well: like wage garnishments, bank levies, and breach of contract actions
3. And the filing of a St Louis MO bankruptcy is the perfect opportunity to reestablish your credit score! Most folks can expect to see their scores rise by about 100 points within the first year after filing, and then back up to where you want it within a year and a half to two years down the road)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A BRECKENRIDGE HILLS MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT ARE SOME TYPICAL DEBTS THAT A BANKRUPTCY WOULD TAKE CARE OF?
1. The most common types of debts would be credit cards, medical bills, and payday loans
2. But also things like signature loans and personal loans
3. Old utility bills, old tax debt, old cell phone bills, and overdrawn bank accounts
4. Deficiencies from repossessed vehicles, foreclosed homes, and rental property
5. And any other debt that could be classified as unsecured
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. The biggest difference would be the amount of time each chapter takes: a Chapter 13 lasts between three and five years; a Ch7 lasts about four or five months
2. A Ch13 is described as a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back (spread out over several years), such as car notes overdue mortgage payments, recent tax debt, and back child support; a Ch7 is simply a discharge of unsecured debt
3. In a Chapter 13, any student loan debt would be rolled up into the repayment plan; in a Ch7, the student loan companies can continue to collect from you like they always have in the past
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!