Bankruptcy Lawyer in Charlack MO
How does a charlack mo bankruptcy help me?
- It is the best way to improve your credit score for the long term. Most people can expect their score to rise by about 100-150 points within the first year after filing. And then you can expect that score to reach the level you ultimately want by about two years after the bankruptcy is filed.
- It will put a hard stop to all creditor and collection agency activity, such as: wage garnishments, bank levies, and lawsuits initiated by your creditors
- And it will also end all the harassing treatment that you have to put up with on a daily basis: endless phone calls, nasty letters, and threats of legal action
Which debts are taken care of in a charlack mo bankruptcy?
- All of your unsecured debts, like: credit cards, medical bills, payday loans, signature loans, old utility bills, old gym memberships, overdrawn bank accounts, etc.
- And even things like the deficiency balances that result from car repossessions, home foreclosures, and apartment rental contracts
- The main difference is the way in which theses chapters are structured: a Ch13 is a repayment plan; a Ch7 is a straight discharge of unsecured debt / liquidation of assets
- There is also a significant difference in the length of time: a Ch13 lasts between three and five years; a Ch7 is about four to five months from start to finish
- Although neither chapter of St Louis bankruptcy will knock out your student loans, the Ch13 will put those debts into deferment while you are inside the repayment plan
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!