Bankruptcy Lawyer in Chesterfield MO
Are there certain benefits that i would receive after filing a chesterfield mo bankruptcy?
- All of the annoying creditor activity that you’ve been dealing with (such as phone calls night and day, nasty letters every month, and threats of lawsuits filed against you for breach of contract) will stop immediately upon the filing of the bankruptcy
- All of the current legal mechanisms the creditors might be using will also come to a hard stop: like wage garnishments, bank levies, and claims filed in state court
- And there is no better way in which to improve your credit score over time (most folks can expect to see their score rise by about 100 points within the first year of filing their case)
What sort of debts is typically handled in a chesterfield mo bankruptcy?
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans
- Deficiencies that result from things like car repo’s, home foreclosures, and rental contracts
- And all the little things that seem annoying by themselves, but add up over time, such as: old utility bills, old gym memberships, old cell phone bills, overdrawn bank accounts, etc.
- A St Louis Chapter 13 will run between three to five years; a Ch7 is about four to five months in length
- A Ch13 is an opportunity to pay off certain debts over a period of time (instead of coming up with one lump sum), such as: overdue mortgage payments, car notes, recent tax debt, and back child support
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken , we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!