Bankruptcy Lawyer in Country Club Hills MO
Are there specific benefits when filing a bankruptcy in country club hills mo?
- Without question, the most significant benefit one receives from filing for bankruptcy is the “fresh start / clean slate” that he/she is given. It is a chance to start over in life, so that you can regain your financial standing, and rebuild your credit rating.
- The filing of a Country Club Hills MO bankruptcy will put an immediate stop to all creditor activity (whether it is in the form of phone calls, letters, or demands for money)
- It will also end all legal maneuvers by creditors (such as wage garnishments, bank levies, and actions for breach of contract)
Which debts can be knocked out in a bankruptcy?
- Things like credit cards and medical bills
- Things like personal loans (from family or friends), signature loans (whether they are from brick-and-mortar companies, or were taken out over the internet), and payday loans
- Deficiencies from car repossessions, home foreclosures, and rental / apartment contracts
- Cell phone bills, utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, gym memberships, and just about anything that is of an unsecured nature
- Lots of differences, but the first thing to point out is the length of time each chapter runs: a Ch13 will go for three to five years; a Chapter 7 is about four to five months from start to finish
- A St Louis Chapter 13 will allow you an opportunity to repay certain debts (spread out over a period of time), like overdue mortgage payments, high-interest car loans, recent tax debt, and back child support
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!