Bankruptcy Lawyer in Crestwood MO
Are there any specific benefits to filing a bankruptcy in crestwood mo?
- Most of the benefit you derive from a Crestwood MO bankruptcy is in the “fresh start / clean slate” you receive once your debts are discharged by the court. Because after your debts are knocked out, your credit score will jump up significantly (usually by about 100 points within the first year after filing)
- But once the bankruptcy petition is filed, the creditors are no longer allowed to contact you in any way, shape, or form: no more phone calls, no more letters, no more demands for money
- It will also put an end to things like wage garnishments, bank levies, and breach of contract actions
What sort of debts can be handled in a bankruptcy?
- The usual suspects, like: credit cards, medical bills, payday loans
- But also things that most people don’t spend too much time thinking about: cell phone bills, utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, old gym memberships, etc.
- And then there are the much larger items that can add up quickly: deficiencies from car repossession, home foreclosures, and rental contracts
- A Ch13 is a repayment plan over the course of three to five years; a Ch7 will last between four to five months
- A Ch13 allows you a chance to repay certain debts over a period of time (instead of coming up with a lump sum); a Ch7 is just a discharge of unsecured debt
- In a Ch7, there is a chance you would lose an asset (like a car or house); in a Ch13, you don’t lose any assets (but your monthly plan payment may end up being higher as a result)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!