Bankruptcy Lawyer in Des Peres MO
WHAT SORT OF BENEFITS CAN SOMEONE EXPECT BY FILING A DES PERES MO BANKRUPTCY?
1. It will put a hard stop to all creditor activity (whether it be in the form of all the endless phone calls you are currently dealing with, all the nasty letters, and threats of lawsuits)
2. It will also put an end to all legal actions taken by collectors or creditors (like wage garnishments, bank levies, and breach of contract petitions)
3. And it will finally provide you with the opportunity you need in order to rebuild your credit score (in a relatively short period of time)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A DES PERES MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE CERTAIN DEBTS THAT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF WHEN I FILE BANKRUPTCY?
1. The usual suspects, like credit cards and medical bills
2. But also things like payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans (even ones that are between family members)
3. And then there are all the deficiencies that result from things like auto repossession, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
4. Old utility bills, old cell phone bills, overdrawn bank accounts, and really anything that is of an unsecured nature
CAN YOU LIST THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. The most significant difference between the main chapters of bankruptcy is this: a Ch13 is a repayment plan; a Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt
2. A St Louis Chapter 13 will run between three to five years in length; a Chapter 7 will last between four to five months (from start to finish)
3. The Ch7 Trustee’s main goal is to find any assets you own that he/she can liquidate; the main goal of the Ch13 Trustee is to make your monthly plan payment as high as possible
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!