Bankruptcy Lawyer in Edmundson MO
WHAT ARE THE TOP TWO OR THREE BENEFITS OF FILING AN EDMUNDSON MO BANKRUPTCY?
1. The filing of a bankruptcy is the single greatest way to improve your credit score!! For example, within the first twelve months after filing, you can typically expect to see an increase of about 100 points (or more, depending upon how aggressive you are about it)
2. Once a bankruptcy petition is filed, the court will disallow any further contact from your creditors: no more phone calls, no more letters, no more threats of legal action
3. And if in fact your creditor has already sued you for breach of contract, a bankruptcy will put a complete stop to that activity as well: no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, and no more lawsuits filed against you
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR AN EDMUNDSON MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT SORT OF DEBTS CAN BE TAKEN CARE OF WHEN YOU FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans, personal loans (like from friends and family), and signature loans (like the type you find off the internet)
3. Deficiencies from things like car repossessions, home foreclosures, and rental contracts
4. And really anything that resembles an unsecured debt (like old gym memberships, overdrawn bank accounts, and old utility bills)
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. The Chapter 7 Trustee’s main job is to liquidate any assets that have a great deal of equity (and therefore cannot be protected); in a Chapter 13, the Trustee’s main job is make your monthly plan payment as high as possible
2. A Ch7 will last about four to five months (from start to finish); a Ch13 runs between three to five years
3. A Ch13 is described as a repayment plan; a Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!