Bankruptcy Lawyer in Ellisville MO
What sort of benefits can i expect when filing an ellisville mo bankruptcy?
- There are a great many benefits to filing for bankruptcy, but perhaps the most significant is that it will improve your credit score by quite a bit. For instance, you can expect to see your credit score rise by about 100 points within the first year.
- The filing of a case will put an automatic stoppage to any and all creditor activity (like phone calls, letters, and threats of legal action)
- It will also stop wage garnishments, bank levies, and lawsuits for breach of contract
Are there certain debts that will be taken care of when i file a bankruptcy?
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans (even ones from your friends and family)
- Deficiencies from a car repo, home foreclosure, or rental contract that you had to break early
- Old gym memberships, old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts
- And really anything that resembles an unsecured (as opposed to secured) debt
- The most prominent distinction between the two chapters would be the fact that a Ch13 is a repayment plan (in which certain debts are paid back over a period of time); a Chapter 7 is nothing more than a straight discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills)
- A Ch13 will run between three (3) to five (5) years in length; a Ch7 will be complete in about four to five months (from start to finish)
- In a St Louis Chapter 7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is looking for any assets he/she can liquidate; in a Chapter 13, the Bankruptcy Trustee is going to try and make your monthly plan payment as high as possible
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!