Bankruptcy Lawyer in Fenton MO
Are there certain advantages to filing a fenton mo bankruptcy?
- The number one goal of a bankruptcy is to give you a “fresh start / clean slate”. This will in turn give you an opportunity to rebuild your credit score (fairly quickly).
- As soon as your case is filed, the creditors will no longer be allowed to contact you ever again. No more phone calls, no more letters, no more threats of legal action.
- And if in fact you have been sued by a creditor(s), all that activity will come to a complete halt as well: no wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more petitions for breach of contract
What kind of debts are handled in a bankruptcy?
- Credit cards and medical bills (the usual suspects)
- But also payday loans, personal loans, and signature loans
- And if you’ve had a car repossessed, or a house foreclosed on, or had to break a rental contract, then the left over balances would be handled as well
- Then are all the little things, like old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, old cell phone bills, etc.
- A Ch13 is a repayment plan; a Ch7 is a discharge of unsecured debt (like the aforementioned credit cards and medical bills)
- A Ch13 will run between three (3) to five (5) years in length; a Ch7 lasts about four (4) or five (5) months
- In a Ch7, there is a chance you could lose an asset that has a great deal of equity; you don’t have to worry about losing anything in a Ch13, but your plan payment might go up if you have assets with a lot of value
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!