Bankruptcy Lawyer in Ferguson MO
What are the positive aspects of filing for bankruptcy in ferguson mo?
- Yes, and the most positive outcome is that your credit score will rise significantly (in a relatively short period of time)
- And if you are dealing with aggressive creditors trying to get money out of you, all of this will come to absolute end: no more phone calls, no more letters, no more threats of legal action
- A number of other legal measures that the creditors employ will also stop: like wage garnishments, bank levies, and petitions for breach of contract
Are there certain debts that can be taken care of when i file for bankruptcy?
- Payday loans, signature loans (especially those that are taken out online), and personal loans (like from family and friends)
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Whatever balance might be owed on a repossessed car, foreclosed home, or broken rental contract
- Old utility bills, old gym memberships, old cell phone bills, and overdrawn bank accounts
- In a Ch7, there is a chance you could lose an a major asset (like a car), depending on the type of equity that might exist; there is no risk of losing anything in a Ch13, but if you have an asset with significant equity, your monthly plan payment could be higher as a result
- A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debts; a Ch13 is a repayment plan (during which certain debts are paid back)
- A Ch7 will run between four and five months on average; a Ch13 will run between three and five years
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!