Bankruptcy Lawyer in Flordell Hills MO
Are there any benefits that stand out about filing for bankruptcy?
- One of the major benefits is that your credit score will rise very quickly after filing. Typically, you can expect your score to go up by about 100 points within the first year.
- It will also put an end to things like wage garnishments, bank levies, and lawsuits filed against you
- And the moment the case is filed, your creditors will no longer be allowed to contact you ever again: no more phone calls, no more letters, no more threats of legal action
What kind of debts will be addressed when i file?
- Things like credit cards and medical bills
- All the little debts that you don’t normally think about too often: old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, old cell phone bills, old gym membership, etc.
- Deficiencies from car repossessions, home foreclosures, and apartment rental contracts
- And anything of an unsecured nature
- A Chapter 13 is a repayment plan (an opportunity to pay back on certain debts, like overdue mortgage payments and recent tax debt); a Chapter 7 is a straight discharge of unsecured debt (like the aforementioned credit cards and medical bills)
- A Ch7 will run for about four to five months (from start to finish); the length of a Ch13 is between three (3) to five (5) years
- In a Ch7, there is a chance that you could lose an asset (if the value cannot be fully covered by governmental exemptions); nobody loses any assets in a Ch13, but if the asset in question has a lot of equity, this can have an impact on how much your monthly plan payment will end up being
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!