Bankruptcy Lawyer in Florissant MO
WHAT WOULD BE THE BENEFIT OF FILING A BANKRUPTCY?
1. To begin with, there is no better way to rebuild your financial standing than through the “fresh start / clean slate” that a bankruptcy offers! On average, you can expect to see your score rise by about one hundred points within the first year after filing!!
2. All of the nasty tactics employed by your creditors (such as endless phone calls, threatening letters, and express legal action) will all come to an immediate end upon filing
3. And if in fact your creditors have taken specific legal action, the bankruptcy petition will put an end to that activity as well (such as wage garnishments, bank levies, and breach of contract actions)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A FLORISSANT MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT KIND OF DEBTS WILL BE INCLUDED IN A BANKRUPTCY?
1. All the things that are giving you a headache, like credit cards and medical bills
2. Old gym memberships, old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, etc.
3. Any deficiencies that result from things like car repossessions, home foreclosures, and rental contracts
WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 is a discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back
2. A Ch7 will run between four to five months (from start to finish); a Ch13 is between three to five years in length
3. The only time you would risk losing an asset (like a car) is in a Chapter 7 (especially if there is substantial equity); in a Ch13 you don’t have to worry about losing anything (but an asset with a lot of value could make your monthly plan payment go up as a result)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!