Bankruptcy Lawyer in Franklin County MO
ARE THERE SPECIFIC BENEFITS I GET FROM FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. There are a number of benefits that come from filing bankruptcy, but the most significant is the fact that your credit rating will jump up quite a bit after filing (usually about 100 points within the first year after filing)
2. Chances are good that you are currently dealing with endless creditor activity, right? But all of that will come to a hard stop upon the filing of your case (no more phone calls, no more letters, no more lawsuits against you)
3. And if a creditor has in fact targeted you with legal action, then their attempts to collect from you will also end (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more petitions for breach of contract)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAPTER 13
WHAT KIND OF DEBTS WILL BE HANDLED IN A BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards, medical bills, payday loans, personal loans, signature loans
2. Old gym memberships, old cell phone bills, old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts
3. Deficiencies that result from things like car repo’s, home foreclosures, and apartment rental contracts
4. And anything that would resemble an unsecured debt
ARE THERE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO CHAPTERS OF BANKRUPTCY?
1. A Ch7 is a straight discharge of your unsecured debts (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts (like overdue mortgage payments and back child support)
2. A Chapter 7 will typical run about five months from start to finish; a Chapter 13 will run three (3) to five (5) years in length
3. The Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee will be looking for any asset that has a great deal of equity; the Ch13 Trustee is trying to make your monthly plan payment as high as possible
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!