Bankruptcy Lawyer in Hillsdale MO
WHAT SORT OF ADVANTAGES WILL I GAIN FROM FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. Your credit score will improve dramatically as a result of filing! Within one year after the bankruptcy petition is filed, most people can expect to see their score rise by about 100 points.
2. If you have been dealing with the ridiculous tactics of creditors (endless phone calls, tons of letters, and threats of legal action), that will all come to an end!
3. This same idea would apply to things like wage garnishments and bank levies (which would also stop once your case is filed)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A HILLSDALE MO CHAPTER 13
CAN YOU GIVE ME AN IDEA OF THE TYPES OF DEBTS THAT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans (that are attached to your checking account), personal loans (from friends or family), and signature loans (especially the ones that originate online)
3. Deficiencies from things like automobile repo’s, home foreclosures, and apartment rental contracts
4. And little things like overdrawn bank accounts, old utility bills, old cell phone bills, old gym memberships, etc.
CAN YOU LIST THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY?
1. A Chapter 7 is going to last about five (5) months in length (from start to finish); a Chapter 13 will run between three (3) and five (5) years
2. A Ch7 is going to discharge all of your unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 allows you a chance to get caught up on certain debts (like overdue mortgage payments and recent tax debt) in a repayment plan
3. Assets with a great deal of equity might be taken in a Ch7; in Ch13, you don’t have to worry about losing anything
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!