Bankruptcy Lawyer in Kinloch MO
What kind of advantages would i receive from filing bankruptcy?
- First and foremost, it will give you a perfect opportunity to rebuild your credit score! In fact, most people can expect to see their score rise by about one hundred points within twelve months after filing
- All of the creditor activity your having to endure right now (like endless phone calls, nasty letters and threats of lawsuits) will come to an immediate end upon filing your case
- And if in fact a creditor has received a judgment and is now garnishing your wages or levying your bank accounts, this will also come to a hard stop as well
Are there certain debts that will be handled in the bankruptcy?
- It will take care of your credit cards and medical bills
- And your personal loans, signature loans, and payday loans
- If you’ve had a car repo’ed, or a house foreclosed on, or had to break a rental contract, the bankruptcy will take care of any deficiency that results (i.e. the balance owed to the creditor)
- Other odd ball things like overdrawn bank accounts, cell phone bills, old utility bills, and gym memberships
- The single biggest difference lies in what the Bankruptcy Trustee is trying to accomplish in either chapter: in a Ch7, the Trustee is looking for any assets you own that have a lot of equity; in a Ch13, the Trustee is looking for a way to make your monthly plan payment as high as possible
- A Ch13 will run between three to five years in length; a Ch7 will last about five months (from start to finish)
- A Ch13 is a repayment plan (during which certain debts are paid back); a Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills)
At The Bankruptcy Company, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!