Bankruptcy Lawyer in Kirkwood MO
Are there certain advantages to filing for bankruptcy?
- One of the most immediate benefits you’ll receive is the complete halt to all creditor activity (whether it is phone calls, letters, or threats of legal action)
- Or if the creditor has already secured a judgment against you, then the filing of the bankruptcy will also stop all wage garnishments, bank levies, and any future lawsuits
- And a bankruptcy will give you the very best opportunity to rebuild your credit score (most people can expect to see their score rise significantly within the first couple of years after filing)
What kind of debts can i expect to be included in my bankruptcy?
- Medical bills (from both your doctor’s office and hospital)
- Credit cards
- Personal loans (from friends and family), signature loans (especially those that you get online), payday loans (even those that are attached to your bank account)
- Any deficiencies from a prior contract (that might result from a car repossession, home foreclosure, or broken apartment lease)
- In a Chapter 7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is going to take a very close look at all of your assets (to determine if there is something he/she can liquidate); in a Ch13, there is no risk of losing an asset (but the Trustee will try and make your monthly plan payment as high as possible)
- A Ch13 will last between three (3) and five (5) years; a Ch7 will last about five months
- A Ch13 is described as a repayment plan (so that you have an opportunity to get caught up on certain debts); a Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!