Bankruptcy Lawyer in Manchester MO
What are some benefits that i might receive from filing bankruptcy?
- The most important thing to point out about filing for bankruptcy is that it will give you the “fresh start / clean slate” that you’ll need in order rebuild your financial standing!! For instance, your credit score will improve dramatically soon after filing your case!
- But the most immediate thing that you’ll notice is that all creditor activity will come to a complete halt as soon as the bankruptcy petition is filed (no more phone calls, no more letters, no more threats of legal action)
- And if in fact a creditor has secured a judgment against you, the effects of this ruling will stop as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more future lawsuits for breach of contract)
Is there a list of debts that will be handled when i file?
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Payday loans, signature loans, personal loans (even the ones you take from family or friends)
- Old utility bills (gas, electric, cable, water, etc.), overdrawn bank accounts, old cell phone bills, old gym memberships, etc.
- Any deficiencies that might arise from things like car repossessions, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
- The most glaring difference would be the way in which the Bankruptcy Trustee handles each chapter of bankruptcy: in a Ch7, the Trustee is going to look closely at your assets (and possibly snatch items that have a lot of unexempt equity); in a Ch13, the Trustee is trying to figure out a way to make your monthly plan payment as high as possible
- A Ch13 will run between three (3) to five (5) years in length; a Ch7 is much short, maybe five (5) months from start to finish
- A Ch13 is best described as a repayment plan (during which certain debts are paid back); a Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!