Bankruptcy Lawyer in Mehlville MO
What can i expect when i file for bankruptcy?
- The first thing you will notice is that all of that annoying creditor activity you are currently dealing with (like endless phone calls, nasty emails, or threatening letters) will come to a complete and total halt.
- And if one of your creditors has secured a judgment against you, then they will not be able to move forward with it (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more future lawsuits)
- But without question, the number one benefit of the bankruptcy is that it will give you a “fresh start / clean slate” so that you can move forward with life, and rebuild your financial standing
Are there certain debts that will be handled when i file for bankruptcy?
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Old gym memberships, old utility bills, old cell phone bills, old overdrawn bank accounts
- Deficiency balances on things like car repossessions, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
- And really anything else that resembles an unsecured nature
- The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Chapter 7 is trying to find any asset you own that has a bunch of equity (because he/she will want to liquidate it, and use the proceeds to pay off your unsecured creditors); the Chapter 13 Trustee is trying to make your monthly plan payment as high as possible (so that there is a greater chance that your unsecured creditors would receive funds)
- A Ch7 runs about five months from start to finish; a Ch13 will last between three and five years
- A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is a repayment plan
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!