Bankruptcy Lawyer in Normandy MO
ARE THERE CERTAIN ADVANTAGES TO FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The main benefit of filing a bankruptcy petition is the “fresh start / clean slate” that you will receive thereafter. It will provide you a chance to get back on your financial feet, and rebuild your credit score.
2. Filing a bankruptcy will put an end to all creditor activity (whether it is in the form of a phone call, a letter, an email, or all the little threats they tend to make while collecting from you)
3. Or if the creditor has already secured a judgment against you, then whatever the creditor might be doing to execute on that judgment will also come to an end (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more future lawsuits)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A NORMANDY MO CHAPTER 13
IS THERE A LIST OF DEBTS THAT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF WHEN I FILE?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans
3. Balances owed on repossessed cars, foreclosed homes, and breached rental contracts
4. Old utility bills (whether it is electric, gas, water, or cable)
5. Overdrawn bank accounts, old gym memberships, old cell phone bills, etc
6. And any other debt that is unsecured
WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCES ARE THERE BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 typically runs about five months in length (from start to finish); a Chapter 13 lasts between three to five years
2. A Ch7 is described as a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like the aforementioned credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back (like overdue mortgage payments, recent tax debt, and back child support)
3. In a Ch7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is hunting for assets that have a lot of value; in a Ch13, the Trustee is trying to figure out a way to make your monthly plan payment higher
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!