Bankruptcy Lawyer in North St Louis County MO
WHAT KIND OF BENEFITS WILL I SEE BY FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The most immediate benefit you will receive from filing bankruptcy is the total stoppage of any and all creditor activity. No more phone calls, no more letters, no more emails.
2. But if a creditor has already sued you (and received a judgment against you), the bankruptcy will also stop all wage garnishments, bank levies, and any future lawsuits
3. And to top it all off, bankruptcy is the single best way to improve your credit score. For instance, most people can expect to see an increase in their score by about 100 points within the first year!
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A NORTH ST LOUIS COUNTY MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON TYPES OF DEBTS THAT ARE PUT INTO A BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards, medical bills, payday loans
2. As well as signature loans and personal loans (from family and friends)
3. If your car was repossessed, the remaining balance is knocked out (including deficiencies from a home foreclosure or broken rental contract)
4. Old utility bills, old gym memberships, old cell phone bills, overdrawn bank accounts
5. Anything that resembles an unsecured debt
WHAT SORT OF DIFFERENCES EXIST BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 is going to run about five months in length (from start to finish); a Chapter 13 will last between three and five years
2. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (during which certain debts are paid back)
3. The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch7 is searching for any assets you might own that have a great deal of value; the Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch13 has a goal of making your monthly payment as high as possible
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!