Bankruptcy Lawyer in Northampton MO
What kind of advantages can i expect from filing a bankruptcy?
- Without a doubt, the most significant benefit that comes from filing for bankruptcy is the “fresh start / clean slate” that the court provides you with!! This will in turn give you a chance to rebuild your financial standing (specifically your credit score).
- Once the case is filed, you will never hear from you creditors again (no more demands for money, no more nasty phone calls, no more threatening letters)
- And if your creditors have received judgments against you, this activity will come to a halt as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
Is there a list of debts that will be included on my bankruptcy?
- Medical bills, payday loans
- Credit cards, signature loans, personal loans (even ones that originate with your family or friends)
- Old utility bills (like gas, electric, water, and cable), overdrawn bank accounts, old cell phone bills, etc.
- And anything else that comes up as an unsecured debt
- A Chapter 7 is a discharge of all your unsecured debts (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (during which certain debts are paid back)
- A Ch7 will run about five months in length; a Ch13 lasts between three (3) and five (5) years
- The only chance you would potentially lose an asset is in a Ch7; you don’t have to worry about losing anything in a Ch13
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!