Bankruptcy Lawyer in Northwoods MO
Can you give me an idea of the advantages to filing for bankruptcy?
- The most significant benefit of filing for bankruptcy is the “fresh start / clean slate” that you will receive. This will give you the chance you need to rebuild your credit score and financial standing.
- It will also put a hard stop on all the creditor activity that you’ve been dealing with (like endless phone calls, a constant stream of letters, nasty emails, and threats of legal action)
- And if in fact a creditor has a judgment against you, the filing of a bankruptcy will also stop any wage garnishment or bank levy
What sort of debts will be included in my bankruptcy?
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans (especially from friends or family)
- Deficiencies that may arise from car repossessions, home foreclosures, or broken rental contracts
- Old utility bills (whether it be water, gas, electric, or cable), old overdrawn bank accounts, old gym memberships, old cell phone bills
- And all the rest of your unsecured debt
- A Chapter 7 is a relatively straightforward process in which the court discharges your unsecured debt; a Chapter 13 is described as a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back
- A Ch7 will last about five months from start to finish; a Ch13 will run between three (3) and five (5) years in length
- The only way you could possibly lose an asset (like an automobile with a lot of equity) is in a Chapter 7; in a Chapter 13 you don’t have to worry about losing any assets (but your plan payment could go up if you have a lot of valuable assets)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!