Bankruptcy Lawyer in Oakland MO
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The most straightforward benefit of a bankruptcy is that it will give you a “fresh start / clean slate”. This will allow you the best opportunity to improve your credit score.
2. If you are currently dealing with obnoxious creditor activity (like endless phone calls, rude emails, or threatening letters), that will all come to end once your case is filed.
3. And if in fact a creditor has received a judgment against you, all activity on this front will stop as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR AN OAKLAND MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT SORT OF DEBTS WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans
3. Deficiencies that result from home foreclosures, car repossession, and broken rental contracts
4. Old gym memberships, old utility bills, old overdrawn bank accounts
5. And really anything that is of an unsecured nature
CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. One big difference is the length of time that each chapter takes to complete: a Ch7 is done in about five months; a Ch13 will run between three and five years
2. A Chapter 7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (such as credit cards, medical bills, and payday loans); a Ch13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back (such as overdue mortgage payments, recent tax debt, and back child support)
3. If there is a risk of you losing an asset (such as a car), that would be in a Chapter 7 (because the Bankruptcy Trustee is searching for things that have a lot of equity); you do not have to worry about losing anything in a Ch13 (but if you own assets that have a good deal of equity, that can have a big impact on what your monthly payment will look like)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!