Bankruptcy Lawyer in Oakville MO
WHAT WOULD BE THE MAJOR BENEFITS OF FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The first thing to point out would be that the filing of a bankruptcy will give you a “fresh start / clean slate”. This will in turn provide you with an excellent chance to rebuild your credit rating!
2. If your creditors are blowing up your phone (or sending you multiple letters and/or emails), this will all come to a stop once your case is filed!!
3. And if a creditor is garnishing you, or has levied your bank account, or is threatening a lawsuit against you… all of this will come to an end as well!
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR AN OAKVILLE MO CHAPTER 13
CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE DEBTS THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. All personal loans (from family members and friends), all signature loans (especially those that originate from an online source), and payday loans (especially the ones that are attached to your bank account)
2. Credit cards, medical bills, old gym memberships, old book clubs fees, etc.
3. Old utility bills (whether it is electric, gas, water, or cable)
4. Overdrawn bank accounts, old cell phone bills, and deficiencies that result from car repossessions, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
5. Etc., etc., etc.,
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 is going to last about five months in length (from start to finish); a Chapter 13 will run between three and five years (depending on your household income)
2. A Chapter 7 is described as a discharge of unsecured debt (in which things like credit cards and medical bills get knocked out forever); a Chapter 13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back (like overdue mortgage payments, recent tax debt, and back child support)
3. The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch7 is interested in finding any assets you own (that have a great deal of equity) and liquidate them; in a Ch13, the Trustee is trying make your monthly plan payment as high as possible (so that your unsecured creditors get some funds)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!