Bankruptcy Lawyer in Overland Mo
CAN YOU IDENTIFY ANY ADVANTAGES THAT WOULD COME TO ME IF I FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The most immediate benefit that you’ll realize is the cessation of all creditor activity (no more phone calls, no more nasty letters, no more threatening emails, no more lawsuits)
2. Or if a creditor has already secured a judgment against you, all of this activity will cease as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
3. But perhaps the most significant benefit you’ll receive is the “fresh start / clean slate” from the court. This will give you a great chance to dramatically improve your credit score (in a relatively short period of time)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR AN OVERLAND MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE DEBTS THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Lots of obvious things, like credit cards, medical bills, and payday loans
2. But also signature loans (that come off the internet) and personal loans (that come from friends and family members)
3. If you’ve had a car repossessed (or a home foreclosure, or a broken rental agreement), then all deficiencies that result from it will be included
4. And all the lesser thought of things (but nevertheless annoying to deal with): old gym memberships, old cell phone bills, old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, etc.)
CAN YOU IDENTIFY SOME DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 will last about five months from start to finish; a Ch13 will run between three and five years
2. A Ch7 is described as a discharge of unsecured debt; a Chapter 13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back
3. It is in a Ch7 that you could potential lose an asset (like a car with a great deal of value); in a Ch13, you won’t have to worry about losing an asset (but it could increase the amount of your monthly payment if the asset has a lot of equity)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!