Bankruptcy Lawyer in Richmond Heights MO
WHAT BENEFITS CAN I EXPECT WHEN I FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The main benefit is the “fresh start / clean slate” you’ll receive upon filing your petition. This is the mechanism by which you’ll be able to rebuild your credit rating (in a very short period of time).
2. And if you are currently trying to avoid all of your creditors (because they are calling you off the hook, and sending you a string of threatening letters), all of this will come to an end once your case is filed.
3. But if you are also dealing with things like a wage garnishment, bank levy, or pending lawsuit, this will all stop too!!!
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A RICHMOND HEIGHTS MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE CERTAIN DEBTS THAT WOULD BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans
3. Old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, gym memberships
4. Deficiencies from things like car repo’s, home foreclosures, and broken rental agreements
5. Etc, etc, etc
WHAT SORT OF DIFFERENCES EXIST BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 will last about five months (from start to finish); a Ch13 will run between three and five years in length
2. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is a repayment plan
3. In a Ch7, you could potentially lose an asset that has a lot of value; in a Ch13, you don’t have to worry about losing anything (but it could affect your monthly plan payment)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!