Bankruptcy Lawyer in Rock Hill MO
CAN YOU IDENTIFY SOME SPECIFIC ADVANTAGES TO FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The first thing that you’ll notice after filing for bankruptcy is that all of the creditor activity that you’ve been putting up with (like endless phone calls and harassing letters) will come to an immediate end!!
2. Or if you have already been sued, and the creditor is garnishing your wages or levying your bank accounts, that will stop as well!
3. But by far, the most significant value in a bankruptcy is that it will allow you the perfect opportunity to rebuild your credit score (in a relatively short period of time)!!!
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A ROCK HILL MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE SOME TYPICAL DEBTS THAT WOULD BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans
3. Old utility bills (such as electric, gas, water, and cable); overdrawn bank accounts; old gym memberships; old cell phone bills; etc
4. Any deficiencies that might arise from a past car repossession, home foreclosure, or broken rental contract
5. And just about anything else that takes on an unsecured nature
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 will last about five (5) months in length from start to finish; a Chapter 13 will run between three (3) and five (5) years
2. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of your unsecured debts (like credit cards and medical bills); a Chapter 13 is described as a repayment plan (during which certain debts are paid back)
3. In a Ch7 you could potentially lose an asset with a lot of value; in a Ch13 you don’t have to worry about losing anything, but assets with a lot of value could have an impact on how high your monthly payment will end up being
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!