Bankruptcy Lawyer in Shrewsbury MO
CAN YOU DESCRIBE SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The filing of your case will put an end to all of the creditor activity that you have been dealing with (no more phone calls, no more letters, no more demands for money)
2. And if a creditor has in fact received a judgment against you (after having sued you in a court of law), then it will stop all of this activity as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more threats of future legal action)
3. But by far the greatest benefit you’ll receive is the “fresh start / clean slate” from the bankruptcy court; this will allow you to rebuild your credit rating in a very short period of time
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A SHREWSBURY MO CHAPTER 13
CAN YOU PROVIDE A LIST OF DEBTS THAT WILL BE HANDLED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. There are all the typical debts, like credit cards, medical bills, and payday loans
2. But also signature loans (like the offers you receive in the mail or find online) and personal loans (especially those that come from friends and family members)
3. Old utility bills (whether it is water, electric, gas, trash, or cable), old cell phone bills, overdrawn bank accounts, old gym memberships, etc.
4. If you have had a car repossessed (or a home foreclosed upon, or a rental contract that you had to break), then the deficiency balance would be included as well
CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. To begin with, a typical Chapter 7 will run about five months from start to finish; a Ch13 will last between three and five years in length
2. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of your unsecured debts (in which things like credit cards and medical bills are knocked out forever); a Ch13 is described as a repayment plan (during which time you have a chance to pay back certain debts over a period of years)
3. In a Ch7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is searching for any assets that he/she can liquidate; in a Ch13, the Trustee is trying to make you monthly plan payment as high as possible
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!