Bankruptcy Lawyer in South St. Louis County MO
What sort of benefits will i receive from filing for bankruptcy?
- The first thing that should be pointed out is that you will be in a perfect position to rebuild your credit score. This is because the filing of a bankruptcy gives you the “fresh start / clean slate” that you’ll need to move forward with life!
- Another bonus of filing is that it will put a hard stop to any and all creditor activity: no more phone calls, no more letters, no more threats of legal action, no more demands for money
- But if the creditor has already received a judgment against you, this activity will stop as well: no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies
Is there a list of common debts that will be taken care of inside my bankruptcy?
- Things like credit cards and medical bills
- Payday loans, personal loans, and signature loans
- Old utility bills (including cell phone), overdrawn bank accounts, old gym memberships
- Deficiencies that result from things like car repos, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
- A Chapter 7 will last about five months in length; a Ch13 will run between three and five years
- A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is described as a repayment plan
- In a Ch7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is searching for any assets that he/she can liquidate; in a Ch13, the Trustee is looking for a way to increase your monthly plan payment
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!