Bankruptcy Lawyer in St Ann MO
WHAT KIND OF BENEFITS CAN I EXPECT FROM A BANKRUPTCY?
1. Without a doubt, the greatest benefit you derive from a bankruptcy filing is the “fresh start / clean slate” that you will receive! This will allow you to turn your life around, and get back on your financial feet!!
2. And once your case is filed, you will never again have to deal with all those nasty creditors (no more phone calls, no more letters, no more aggressive tactics to pull money out of you)
3. But if one of your creditors has received a judgment against you, and is currently executing on that court order, this activity will come to an end as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A ST ANN MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT ARE SOME TYPICAL DEBTS THAT WOULD BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans, personal loans, and signature loans
3. Old utility bills (water, electric, gas, or cable)
4. Old gym memberships, old book clubs, overdrawn bank accounts
5. Deficiencies that result from a car repossession, home foreclosure, or broken rental contract
6. And really anything that could be thought of as an unsecured debt
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 will last about five months in length; a Chapter 13 is going to run between three and five years
2. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debts (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan during which certain debts are paid back (like overdue mortgage payments so that you can avoid a foreclosure)
3. The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch7 is looking for any assets that might have a lot of value; in a Ch13, the Trustee is trying to make you monthly payment as high as possible
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!