Bankruptcy Lawyer in St. Charles County MO
What kind of advantages are there to filing for bankruptcy?
- The main benefit that someone receives from filing a bankruptcy is the “fresh start / clean slate” that the court provides. This will in turn give you the best opportunity possible to rebuild your credit score.
- All of that nastiness that you are currently dealing with from creditors (like endless phone calls, threatening letters, and demands for money) will come to a complete and total stop.
- And if one of your creditors has already received a judgment against you, this will stop as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
Are there certain debts that will be handled through my bankruptcy?
- Deficiencies that result from things like car repossessions, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
- Old utility bills (water, electric, gas, trash, or cable); old cell phone bills; old gym memberships; overdrawn bank accounts; etc
- Credit cards, medical bills, payday loans
- And anything else that takes on an unsecured nature
- A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on things like overdue mortgage payments and recent tax debt)
- A Ch7 will run about five months in length; a Ch13 will last between three and five years
- In a Chapter 7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is trying to find any assets that have significant value; in a Ch13, the Trustee is looking for a way increase your monthly plan payment
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!