Bankruptcy Lawyer in St Charles MO
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES TO FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. Once your case is filed, you will notice right away that things will more or less reset back to normal (no more phone calls from nasty creditors, no more letters threatening all sorts of legal action, no more endless demands for money you don’t have)
2. But a creditor has in fact already received a judgment against you (for someone like breach of contract), that activity will come to an end as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
3. By far the greatest value in filing for bankruptcy is the “fresh start / clean slate” that you receive from the court. It is the single best way in which you can improve your credit score!!
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A ST CHARLES MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE TYPICAL DEBTS THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Old utility bills (whether they are gas, electric, water, trash, or cable); overdrawn bank accounts; old gym memberships, books clubs, or music clubs
3. Payday loans, signature loans, personal loans
4. Deficiencies from things like car repos, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
WHAT ARE SOME THE BIG DISTINCTIONS BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 will last about five months in length (from start to finish); a Ch13 will run between three (3) and five (5) years
2. A Ch7 is best described as a discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on things like overdue mortgage payments)
3. A Ch7 is the only scenario in which you would have to worry about losing an asset; in a Ch13, you don’t lose any assets, but your monthly plan payment could go up if your assets have a lot of value
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!