Bankruptcy Lawyer in Sunset Hills MO
WHAT SORT OF ADVANTAGES CAN I EXPECT FROM FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The first thing that should be pointed out is that the filing of a bankruptcy will provide you with a “fresh start / clean slate”. Without a doubt, your credit score will improve dramatically (within a relatively short period of time).
2. All of the creditor activity that you have been putting up with lately will all come to an end. No more phone calls, no more aggressive demands for money, no more threatening letters or emails.
3. And if one of your creditors has already gotten a judgment against you, this activity will cease as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies).
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A SUNSET HILLS MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE CERTAIN DEBTS THAT WILL BE HANDLED WHEN I FILE MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans (that attach themselves to your bank account), signature loans (that originate online), and personal loans (from friends and family members)
3. Deficiencies that occur after a car repo, home foreclosure, or broken rental contract
4. Old utility bills (like water, gas, electric, trash, and cable), old gym memberships, old cell phones, overdrawn bank accounts
5. Etc, etc, etc
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. In a Chapter 7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is on the hunt for assets that have a lot of value (because he/she will want to try and sell them); in a Chapter 13, the Trustee is looking for a way to increase your monthly plan payment
2. A Ch13 is described as a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on certain debts); a Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills)
3. A Ch7 will typically run about five months in length; a Ch13 will last between three and five years
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!