Bankruptcy Lawyer in Sycamore Hills MO
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MAIN BENEFITS OF FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. Once your case is filed, any and all creditor activity will immediately cease (no more phone calls, no more letters, no more demands for money)
2. If a creditor has already received a judgment against you, that activity will end as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more lawsuits)
3. And by far, the greatest benefit is that you will receive a “fresh start / clean slate” that will allow you to move forward in a positive direction!
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A SYCAMORE HILLS MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE ANY DEBTS THAT I CAN EXPECT TO BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Yes, starting with the most obvious things, like credit cards and medical bills
2. But there are a ton of other little debts that most people forget about, like overdrawn bank accounts, old cell phone bills, and past due utility bills (like electric, gas, water, and cable)
3. Any deficiencies that might arise as a result of an automobile repossession, or a home foreclosure, or a broken rental agreement
4. Payday loans, signature loans, personal loans
CAN YOU IDENTIFY THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Chapter 7 will run about five (5) months in length from start to finish; a Chapter 13 will last between three (3) and five (5) years
2. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on certain debts, but spread out over a number of years)
3. The only time you would need to worry about losing an asset is in a Ch7 (like a house or car); in a Ch13, you don’t need to worry about losing anything (but an asset with a lot of value could increase your monthly plan payment)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!