Bankruptcy Lawyer in University City MO
ARE THERE CERTAIN ADVANTAGES TO FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. There are many, but the single greatest benefit that you will derive from filing a bankruptcy is the “fresh start / clean slate” that the court will confer upon you. This will in turn give you a chance to rebuild your credit score (in a relatively short period of time)!!
2. You know all that nasty creditor activity that you’re dealing with right now? Like rude phone calls, threatening letters, and outrageous demands for money? All of that will end as soon as your case is filed.
3. And if one of your creditors has already received a judgment against you, that activity will cease as well (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies).
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A UNIVERSITY CITY MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE CERTAIN DEBTS THAT I CAN EXPECT TO BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Yes, and it will start with all of your credit cards and medical bills (which is typically where you see a lot of unsecured debt accumulating)
2. But also payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans (like the ones from your friends and family members)
3. Deficiencies that result from car repossession, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
4. Old utility bills, old cell phone bills, overdrawn bank accounts
5. Etc, etc, etc
WHAT SORT OF DIFFERENCES EXIST BETWEEN CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on certain debts, like overdue mortgage payments)
2. A Ch7 will typically run about five months in length; a Ch13 will last between three and five years
3. In a Ch7, the Bankruptcy Trustee is going to be interested in any assets you own that have a lot of equity; in a Ch13, the Trustee is looking for any way to increase your monthly plan payment
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!