Bankruptcy Lawyer in Uplands Park MO
Are there many advantages to filing for bankruptcy?
- Yes, there are many! But perhaps the most significant of those advantages would be the “fresh start / clean slate” that you will receive upon filing. This is the mechanism by which you will be able to rebuild your credit score!!
- All of the creditors that are currently harassing you (with their constant phone calls, threatening letters, and demands for money) will stop immediately upon filing your case!
- And if in fact one of your creditors has already received a judgment against you, this will also come to an end (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
Can you give me an idea of what kind of debts will be included in my bankruptcy?
- Payday loans (that are usually attached to a bank account), signature loans (like the ones you find online), and personal loans (especially from your friends and family members)
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Deficiencies that might arise as a result of a car repossession, home foreclosure, or broken rental agreement (even if you are later sued on these debts)
- Old utility bills (like gas, electric, water, trash, and cable), overdrawn bank accounts, old cell phone bills, old gym memberships
- Etc, etc, etc
- A Ch7 is a straight discharge of unsecured debt (like the aforementioned credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on certain debts)
- A Ch13 will run between three (3) and five (5) years; a Ch7 will last about five (5) months in length
- In a Ch7, the Bankruptcy is primarily interested in finding any assets you own that have a lot of value; in a Ch13, the Trustee is interested in making your monthly plan payment as high as possible
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!