Bankruptcy Lawyer in Velda City MO
WHAT KIND OF BENEFITS SHOULD I EXPECT WHEN I FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The first thing you’ll notice is that all of your creditors will stop contacting you. No more phone calls, no more letters, no more demands for money you don’t have. Everything will come to a complete stop once your case is filed.
2. But if your creditors have sued you, and they are currently garnishing you wages or levying your bank accounts, this will end as well.
3. And without a doubt, the greatest benefit you will receive by filing for bankruptcy is the “fresh start / clean slate” that the court gives you. This will provide you with the best opportunity to rebuild your credit score (over a relatively short period of time).
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A VELDA CITY MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE CERTAIN DEBTS THAT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF WHEN I FILE?
1. Credit cards and medical bills and payday loans (along with any signature loans and personal loans you have taken out)
2. Old utility bills (like gas, electric, trash, and cable); old cell phone bills; old gym memberships
3. Overdrawn bank accounts
4. Deficiencies from car repos, home foreclosures, and broken rental agreements
5. And really anything else that is of an unsecured nature
WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCES EXIST BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is a repayment plan
2. A Ch7 will last about five months in length (from start to finish); a Ch13 will run between three and five years
3. The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch7 is always looking for an asset that has a lot of value (because they want to sell it off); you don’t have to worry about losing an asset in a Ch13, but the Trustee in this scenario will be trying to increase your monthly plan payment
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!