Bankruptcy Lawyer in Velda Village Hills MO
What are the advantages to filing a bankruptcy?
- All creditor activity will cease the moment your case is filed. No more phone calls, no more threatening letters, no more silly demands for money.
- If your creditors have received judgments against you, this activity will come to an end as well. No more wage garnishments, no more bank levies.
- And the filing of a bankruptcy is the single greatest way to regain your financial footing. For instance, you can expect to see your credit score improve by about one hundred points within the first year after filing.
What sort of debts will be included in my bankruptcy?
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Payday loans, personal loans, signature loans (like the type that you find online)
- Deficiencies from car repossessions, home foreclosures, and broken rental agreements
- Old utility bills, old gym memberships, old cell phones, overdrawn bank accounts
- Etc, etc, etc
- The first thing to point out would be the length of time each chapter will last: about five months from start to finish for a Chapter 7; between three and five years for a Chapter 13
- A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debts; a Ch13 is best described as a repayment plan
- The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch7 is looking for any assets that have a lot of value (so that he/she can sell them); in a Ch13, the Trustee is trying to find a way to increase your monthly plan payment
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken , we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!