Bankruptcy Lawyer in Vinita Terrace MO
WHAT ARE SOME BENEFITS THAT I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN I FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The main thing that you’ll notice right away is that all of your creditors will go silent. That is because the court imposes an automatic stay, which prevents them from ever contacting you again. No more phone calls, no more letters, no more demands for money.
2. But if your creditors currently have judgments against you, that activity will stop as well. No more wage garnishments, no more bank levies, no more summons to appear in court.
3. And by far, the greatest benefit is the “fresh start / clean slate” will receive upon filing. It is a chance to rebuild your credit score, regain your financial footing, and get back on the road towards a better life!
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A VINITA TERRACE MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT KIND OF DEBTS WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. The usual suspects, like credit cards and medical bills
2. But also payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans (even the ones you have with your friends and family members)
3. Old utility bills, old gym memberships, overdrawn bank accounts (all the little debts that people usually forget about)
4. Deficiencies from car repos, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
ARE THERE A LOT OF DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 will last about five months in length from start to finish; a Ch13 is going to run between three and five years
2. A Ch7 is described as a discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on certain debts, like overdue mortgage payments)
3. A Ch7 is where you would have to worry about potentially losing an asset (especially if the asset has a lot of equity); you don’t have to worry about losing an asset in a Ch13 (but assets with lots of equity could have an impact on how high your monthly plan payment will end up being)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!