Bankruptcy Lawyer in Warson Woods MO
WHAT KIND OF BENEFITS WILL I RECEIVE WHEN I FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. The most important benefit is the “fresh start / clean slate” you’ll get upon filing. It will give you a chance to greatly improve your credit score (over a relatively short period of time)!
2. And all of the creditor activity that you’re currently dealing with (endless phone calls, threatening letters, demands for money) will come to end an immediate end
3. Or if your creditors are currently garnishing your wages (or levying your bank accounts), that will stop as well
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A WARSON WOODS MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT KIND OF DEBTS WILL BE HANDLED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Payday loans, personal loans, and signature loans
3. Old utility bills (whether they be gas, electric, water, or cable), old cell phone bills (including early termination fees), old gym memberships, and overdrawn bank and/or credit union accounts
4. Deficiencies that result from things like car repossessions, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
5. And just about anything that resembles an unsecured debt
IS THERE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 is a discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (which allows you to get caught up on certain debts, like overdue mortgage payments)
2. A Ch7 will run about five (5) months in length from start to finish; a Ch13 will last between three (3) and five (5) years
3. The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch7 is on the hunt for assets that have a lot of value (with the intention of selling those assets); the Trustee in a Ch13 doesn’t want to take anything from you (rather, he/she wants to try and make the monthly plan payment as high as possible)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!