Bankruptcy Lawyer in Wellston MO
Can you give me an idea of the benefits in filing for bankruptcy?
- To begin with, a bankruptcy filing will put a hard stop to all the creditor activity you are currently dealing with!! No more phone calls, no more letters threatening legal action, no more demands for money you don’t have.
- If a creditor has already sued you, and received a judgment from the court, the bankruptcy will end all of that activity as well (no more wage garnishment, no more bank levies)
- But without a doubt, the single greatest advantage behind filing a bankruptcy is the chance you’ll be given to dramatically improve your credit worthiness. On average, most people can expect to see their credit score go up by about one hundred points within the first year after filing.
Are there any specific debts that would be handled in my bankruptcy?
- Credit cards, medical bills, and payday loans
- Personal loans (even those that you take from friends and family members), signature loans (especially the ones that you find online)
- Utility bills from a prior apartment or house; overdrawn accounts from banks and credit unions; old cell phone bills; old gym memberships
- Deficiencies that come about from repossessed cars, foreclosed homes, or broken rental agreements
- Etc, etc, etc
- A Ch7 will last about five months from start to finish; a Ch13 will run between three and five years
- A Ch7 is a discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is a repayment plan
- The Trustee in a Ch7 wants to take a close look at all of your assets (and sell off those that have a lot of equity); the Trustee in a Ch13 is not interested in selling any assets (rather, he/she is looking for a way to increase your monthly plan payment)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!