Bel-Nor MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- Yes, because it is very likely that you do not know how the criminal justice system works (and what sort of documents would need to be filed). And it is also likely that you have a limited understanding of how each individual law works (and therefore what elements need to be proven in order for a conviction to hold). But a good criminal defense attorney does!!
- The most common thing that an attorney can do for you is get the charge reduced to a lesser infraction
- If this goal is accomplished, then nothing negative will appear on your permanent record. And in some cases, the attorney can get the charges thrown out altogether!
- The charge would then become a criminal conviction, and placed on your permanent record
- This will then have a sizable impact on whether or not you get a decent job, nice apartment, or even a student loan
- This is because most employers, landlords, and lending institutions will run a background check (and very likely screen you out as a candidate)
- First and foremost, it should be pointed out that a felony is far more severe than a misdemeanor (in terms of potential jail time and fines)
- With a felony charge, it is far more difficult for the attorney to get a recommendation from the prosecutor (hence the higher fees that must be charged in order to handle it for you)
- Individual municipalities can only issue misdemeanor citations; the state and feds are able to issue felonies
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!