Bella Villa MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES TO HIRING AN ATTORNEY TO HANDLE MY CASE?
1. If you represent yourself (which is your right), the court will treat you as if you are in fact an attorney. In other words, the judge and/or prosecutor will not give you any leeway just because you do not have a law degree.
2. However, an attorney can usually work out a deal with the local prosecutor to get the citation reduced to something minor (so that nothing shows up on your permanent record)
3. Or in some cases, an attorney can get the charges thrown out altogether (this would especially be the case if the arresting officer violated your Constitutional rights in some way)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGES?
1. A plea of guilty will result in a criminal conviction going onto your permanent record. Once the conviction is there, it stays with you like luggage.
2. And if you have something negative on your record, this will negatively impact your chances of getting a decent job, renting a nice apartment, or even getting a student loan.
3. Why? Because a criminal conviction will show anytime a background check is run (which is exactly what many employers, landlords, and government agencies will do when you apply).
WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCES EXIST BETWEEN A FELONY AND MISDEMEANOR?
1. A felony is a far more severe type of charge that the state can impose; a misdemeanor is still a crime, but it is reserved for “low level” infractions (such as petty theft and trespassing)
2. When charged with a felony, you could face multi-year jail sentences and very high fines; with a misdemeanor, the sentences are much less severe
3. Only the state and feds can charge you with a felony; at the municipality level, only misdemeanors are issued
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!