Bellefontaine Neighbors MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- Yes, and it begins with the fact that representing yourself is a really bad idea! This is because the court and/or prosecutor will treat you as if you were in fact a lawyer. Which means that you’ll not receive any sympathy because you didn’t go to law school!!
- But a good defense attorney is very often able to get the charge reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing negative shows up on your permanent record)
- And an affordable attorney should be able to accomplish this feat at a reasonable price (which is why we only charge $450 for most misdemeanors)!
- Yes, serious ones! First and foremost, a guilty plea will allow the state to put the charge on your permanent record as a criminal conviction.
- If you have a criminal conviction on your record, it will stay there like luggage. But more importantly, it is public information, so anyone wishing to do a background check will see it.
- This will in turn have a tremendous impact on whether or not you get a good job, a decent apartment, or even a business / student loan.
- Only the state and federal governments can issue a felony; individual municipalities are limited to misdemeanors
- A felony offense is much more serious than a misdemeanor (which is reserved for things like trespassing)
- If you are convicted of a felony, you could face much higher fines and a lengthier jail sentence
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!