Berkeley MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHAT SORT OF ADVANTAGES CAN I EXPECT FROM HIRING A DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
1. If you try and represent yourself in court, you will find that the judge and prosecutor will treat you as if you are in fact a lawyer. In other words, the court will not give you any discretion just because you didn’t go to law school. The court will accept your decision of self-representation, and then proceed as if you have full knowledge of how the criminal justice works.
2. But if you were to hire an experienced defense attorney, that individual will be in a good position to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (down to something that will not show up on your permanent record)
3. And an affordable attorney will not charge you outrageous fees in order to get the job done! For instance, our firm only charges $450 for most misdemeanors.
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME IF I DECIDE TO PLEAD GUILTY?
1. The first thing you should know is that a guilty plea will allow the state to put the charge on your permanent record (as a criminal conviction)
2. Once it is on your record, anyone can see it (by simply running a criminal background check)
3. This in turn will have a tremendous impact on your ability to get a decent job, a good apartment, or even a chance at student financial aid
IS THERE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FELONY AND MISDEMEANOR?
1. Yes, and the most obvious thing to point out is that a felony is considered to be a high level of criminal activity (like arson and murder); a misdemeanor is reserved for more of a lower level set of crimes (like petty theft and trespassing)
2. The potential sentence that the court can hand down for a felony offense is substantially higher than for a misdemeanor (in terms of jail time and fines)
3. Individual municipalities (like Ferguson and Richmond Heights) can only issue misdemeanors; the state and federal authorities can issue both misdemeanors and felonies
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!