Black Jack MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHAT KIND OF ADVANTAGES ARE THERE TO USING AN ATTORNEY AS OPPOSED TO REPRESENTING MYSELF?
1. An experienced attorney is going to know how to successfully navigate the criminal justice world and get you a favorable result. If you represent yourself, you will not be treated with “kid gloves” nor given any leeway because of your inexperience. The judge and prosecutor will treat you as if you are in fact an attorney (i.e. someone who knows the Missouri State Criminal Code)
2. When you hire an experienced attorney, he/she can very frequently get the charges reduced to a lesser offense (something that will not show up on your record)
3. And if you choose an affordable attorney, he/she can perform these services a reasonable price (for instance, we typically charge $450 for most misdemeanors)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I SIMPLY PLEAD GUILTY TO THE CHARGE?
1. That charge would become a criminal conviction on your permanent record
2. This is significant because the conviction would show up on a simple criminal background check
3. This will in turn make life very difficult in a few key areas: getting a job, renting an apartment, or taking out a student loan
ARE THERE SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND MISDEMEANOR?
1. A felony charge is reserved for very serious offenses (murder, arson, burglary); misdemeanors are much lower on the crime scale (trespassing, petty theft, peace disturbance)
2. A felony will come with a much higher potential sentence (for jail time and fines); misdemeanors are far less in severity when it comes to sentences handed down by the court
3. Only the state and federal governments are able to issue felonies; but individual municipalities around St Louis can issue misdemeanors
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!