Calverton Park MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHAT SORT OF BENEFITS WILL I RECEIVE IF I HIRE A DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
1. Hiring an experienced attorney will increase your chances of receiving a favorable outcome with regards to your case. You can of course represent yourself (there is no rule requiring you to retain the services of a lawyer). But beware – the court will not give you any special leeway just because didn’t go to law school (the judge and prosecutor will treat you the same as if you are an actual attorney)
2. On the other hand, if you do hire an attorney, that individual will have a far better chance at getting the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing shows up on your record), or in some cases, get the charges thrown out altogether (depending on the circumstances and facts of your particular case).
3. And to be perfectly honest, an attorney shouldn’t charge an arm and a leg to perform these services. We feel as if most law firms assess fees that are far in excess of what they need to be. As a result, we only ask for $450 for most misdemeanors in the St Louis area.
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT WILL THE OUTCOME BE IF I PLEAD GUILTY TO THE CHARGES?
1. A plea of guilty will allow the state to put the charge onto your permanent record
2. Once the charge is on your record, it will appear as a criminal conviction to anyone running a background check
3. Who might run a background check? Potential employers, landlords, government agencies, bank, etc. This will in turn harm your chances at getting a job, apartment, etc.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. A felony can only be issued by the state; municipalities are limited to issuing misdemeanors
2. A felony charge can carry a substantial potential sentence of jail time and fines; misdemeanors can come with jail time and fines (but much less severe)
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!